??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????Crystal Drops? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.2 (47 Ratings)??3193 Grabs Today. 29411 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, July 11, 2011

“It takes half the amount of time you dated someone to get over them.”--Sex in the City quote

So, I started dating a guy the first week in May. After a almost 5 year hiatus from dating, sex, and intimacy of any kind, I decided to take a chance on a guy that one of the gals in my masters program knew. Everything seemed to be going well. We talk openly and honestly about everything. He's met my daughter and she really likes him. (This is the first man I have introduced her to since we left her father....about 5 years ago...). He has a job, his parents are married, he makes me laugh, and I feel good when I spend time with him.

....and I think I may have scared him away. I have been so stressed out about all this end of semester stuff for school. I haven't been sleeping well, because I can't get my mind to stop making lists of everything still needing to be completed. I have no free time. I hadn't seem this guy in almost two weeks because of my schedule, his, and the fact that he had strep throat.

So I practically begged him to come over last night. He was hesitant because he knows I have been stressing over getting some homework done. I told him I was getting burnt out and needed a break. So he came over. It would have been great until he mentioned our plans for the weekend. He told me he wanted to leave Friday to go meet his parents instead of Saturday like I thought we had agreed to. He wants to go hang out with friends Friday in his hometown. This pushed my buttons. Being as stressed out about finding time to do it all I was planning on using Friday to get some work done so I could enjoy time with him. I shared as much with him. He said he had told me two weeks ago he wanted to leave on Friday. I told him I don't remember that being said....we didn't yell or fight exactly....but we definitely disagreed. I thought it was a quite mature disagreement. We didn't low-blow, or say mean things. It was an adult disagreement. Apparently, he didn't take it so well.

So today he texts me that maybe we aren't to the point in our relationship where meeting parents is a good idea. WTF?!? REALLY? This after he told me last night that the whole meeting parents thing isn't really that big of a deal to him (as in it doesn't mean anything) so I shouldn't stress.

So I have planned on spending my one Saturday off all month with him, and now he doesn't think I should go with him. He says this isn't his way of saying we shouldn't date, or whatever, but that's kind of the way it feels. Not to mention, every child-free weekend I have for the next month, he's out of town doing something.

I pretty disappointed. Kind of hurt. Definitely upset.

No comments:

Post a Comment