??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????Crystal Drops? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.2 (47 Ratings)??3193 Grabs Today. 29411 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Urgy

Went and got my physical for work yesterday. My blood pressure was high...but both of the male nurses and the doctor were completely hot, so it was no suprise. Plus I forgot to wear long sleeves to cover scars so I was a complete nervous wreck. I thought things went well. He signed my paper for work...and on the way out....he, out of the blue, asked if I was left handed....and that was it...that was the last thing he said before he left and I went to pay....

It didn't hit me until I got in the car...I got the hell out of there quick.

I had ethics tonight. We talked about "duty to warn"....somehow the issue of cutting came up in class....it was in the notes, and I thought it would be mentioned in passing....but it became a whole discussion...and it was all I could do to remember to breath...

The teacher opened with, "Have any of you had experience with cutting? Raise you hands if you have.".....Other's raised their hands....so I followed suit, trying not to make eye contact.

This one girl in class started talking...and by the time she quit I felt about two inches tall and wanted to slap the hell out of her. She spouted every cliche on the books about cutters....it was so ridiculous. No one in that class has a clue.

2 comments:

  1. Carrie @ comfortedbyGod.blogspot.com

    Thats exactly how I feel when people look at me (my physical appearance is perfectly healthy and normal), and they make snide remarks or comments like, "well, you dont look sick" or "you look great". What they dont realize is, no matter how great I am on the outside, its the inside thats diseased and broken. People make a lot of assumptions, most of which are based on ignorance. Ive had to blow a LOT of stuff off because otherwise I would be so angry and discouraged. No one understands how painful this disease is, so Ive learned to be selective with whom I share details.

    Im really sorry that girl spouted off. You know the real side of cutting. You know the emotional and physical pain involved. Just ignore her ignorance because, even if she knew the whole story, its likely she still wouldnt understand or empathize fully.

    Im traveling this weekend so I wont be able to read your posts. Im praying for you. Ill check back next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally get that. I work in the mental health field and you would not BELIEVE the things I hear about DID, abuse, etc. Sorry for her ignorance...it sucks. ang

    ReplyDelete