??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????Crystal Drops? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.2 (47 Ratings)??3193 Grabs Today. 29411 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patty's day...yay...

So, a little over four years ago, I found out that I was going to be a parent. It's amazing how those little bundles fo joy can become so independent in such a short time.

Spent some time yesterday looking for a therapist. Had no luck. I have no insurance, and I really don't feel comfortable going to some low income clinic. It's not that I am a snob, I just don't want to have to worry about who I am going to run into in the waiting room. I'd much rather find someone with a private practice. Unfortunately, I can't afford that luxury.

I relapsed. Not badly. But I felt much better---feel much better. Yes, there is the same shame as always, but not as bad. It is highly unlikely I will have to explain myself or come up with some brilliant "cat-scratch" story. I was careful. My anxiety is down to nil. I actually raised my hand in class and spoke without stuttering....in a class that I usually try to become invisible in. It felt good.

1 comment:

  1. Good work looking for a therapist...Be a snob, and keep looking.
    You know, I spent years going to different therapists that were covered by my insurance and in nice offices. Now i work with a pastoral counselor, pay less than i did when i was paying my co-pay, and here's the irony: she has 15 years experience with my dx, and is well-known throughout my state for her treatment. She's just working part-time now, and doesn't have a practice full-time. Somehow I got an every week slot in her schedule that only has 9 slots a week. Keep searching. it really is possible to find someone with amazing experience that is a great fit and cheap. i'm proof of that.

    ReplyDelete